Instructor: Vana Doufexi
Office: room 328, 1890 Maple Avenue
Office hours: By appointment, or stay after class
Teaching assistant: Dan Halstead
Office: room 224, 1890 Maple Avenue
Office hours: Wednesdays, 4:30pm
Monday/Wednesday/Friday 10:00-10:50am in Tech MG28
Tuesday 10:00-10:50am in the Tech PC classroomi (Tech MG51)
The textbook is C++ How to Program, 4th edition, by Deitel and Deitel, ISBN:0130384747
We will use the discussion board offered by the Blackboard Course
There will be a midterm, a final exam and biweekly quizzes.
Check the Exams link for more details.
Getting help and general advice
- Participate in class. Ask lots of questions.
- Don't hesitate to come to office hours if you have additional questions
on the material.
- Start your assignments early. The newsgroup is your friend. Posting your
questions there will usually get you an answer must faster than if you email
them to us, or wait until class/office hours.
- Check the webpage often.
- Do not wait until the day before the final to ask for help.
- If you need to get a particular grade (e.g. due to a scholarship) let
us know at the beginning of the quarter so we can help you with the material.
Do not even think about asking us to grade your work using different standards
or to give you additional work. There will be no special treatment.